Small Businesses. Sea-Tac Wants YOU. How to apply for business opportunities and certification workshops
OUR OBJECTIVE: REMOVING BARRIERS FOR SMALL DISADVANTAGED BUSINESSES
Small businesses are a critical part of creating economic vitality in our region. These workshops are aimed to ensure that minority and local businesses are prepared to pursue economic opportunities at Sea-Tac Airport (Sea-Tac) through Port supportive services. Become Airport Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Certified. Certifications help ACDBE’s to compete in the marketplace.
FREE TRAINING WORKSHOPS ABOUT DOING BUSINESS AT SEA-TAC AIRPORT FOR SMALL BUSINESSES
Small businesses who are currently or interested in becoming ACDBE certified and would like to learn more about what is involved with operating a concession at Sea-Tac Airport. Including:
- Workshops are free but limited to the first 100 people who register.
- Explore the various airport dining and retail business models and opportunities at the airport, including vendors, suppliers, direct leasing and joint venture partnerships.
- The benefits and process of becoming certified as an Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE).
- The potential costs of operating at Sea-Tac Airport and options to finance the buildout of concessions units at Sea-Tac Airport.
- In depth knowledge of how to write a winning proposal.
- Day One – May 8, 2017 – 1pm – 4pm Is Your Small Business Ready for Sea-Tac? Business owners interested in learning more about what is involved with operating a concession at Sea-Tac Airport
- Day Two – May 15, 2017– 1pm - 3:30pm ACDBE Certification (Part One) Business owners who are interested in understanding more about becoming a certified Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) and the process to obtain certification
- Day Three – May 22, 2017 – 1pm - 4pm Proposal Writing Business owners who are ready to take the next step and pursue an opportunity to lease a unit at Sea-Tac Airport
- Day Four – June 5, 2017 – 1pm - 3pm Contractual and Financial Considerations Business owners interested in obtaining information regarding the potential costs of and financing for the build-out of a unit at Sea-Tac and alternative business models (i.e., joint venture, sublease, direct lease, licensing)
- Day Five – June 12, 2017 – 30 minute consultation ACDBE Certification (Part Two) Pre-Scheduled Individual Consultations Business owners who have started an ACDBE application and have questions or those who have finished their ACDBE application and would like it reviewed for completion by Office of Minority Woman Business Enterprise(OMWBE) staff
REGISTER TODAY: www.adrwkshop.eventbrite.com