The 2017 National Minority Supplier Development Council’s National Conference & Business Opportunity Exchange is being held in Detroit, Michigan this year.
The NMSDC’s National MBE Input Committee’s “Opportunity Accelerator” will be held on Sunday, October 22nd, 1:00PM – 5:00PM.
This FREE, high-impact annual event is the perfect way to start an exciting and productive week in Detroit. Held every year the day before the official opening of the conference, the “Opportunity Accelerator” brings together MBEs, corporations, NMSDC leadership and subject matter experts for what is always a highly anticipated half-day focused on the information, trends, tips and opportunities that will move your company forward … faster.
Join us for an exciting line-up of sessions:
· Joseph Hinrichs, Chairman of the NMSDC Board and Executive VP and President of Global Operations for the Ford Motor Company, will talk about NMSDC’s new strategic direction and how it will directly benefit MBEs.
· Louis Green, Interim President of the NMSDC who is also an MBE, former Michigan council president and former supplier diversity executive with NBC and the University of Michigan, will show us how best to leverage the NMSDC network to grow your business.
· Dr. Suj Chandrasekhar, Founder and Principal of Strategic Insights and co-author of the Harvard Business Review Classic Ending the War Between Sales and Marketing, will reveal the areas of demand and greatest opportunity for minority business enterprises.
· The Airport Panel will provide insights about the vast contracting and procurement opportunities available to diverse suppliers as the industry tackles growth in passenger and cargo activity, changing demands by consumers regarding the airport environment, and infrastructure improvements expected to top $75 billion in investment through 2019.
· The Entertainment Panel will feature experts from different aspects of the industry – from content to research to advertising – who’ll explain the entertainment ecosystem’s value and supply chain and how to find a place for your company in it.
Last year, the Corporate Members who attended and the Corporate panelists stated they gained knowledge as well as garnered insights and ideas that would help them achieve their missions.
The event is FREE, but you must register: https://2017nmbeic_opportunityaccelerator.eventbrite.com.