Become a Certified MBE
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Certification is a validation of your company's status as a minority owned, managed and controlled business. To apply for MBE Certification in our region, your business must be headquartered in one of the following states: Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming. If you are not headquartered in our region, we offer Subscription to Council Services.
To become a Certified Minority Business Enterprise, your business must meet the following requirements:
- Your business is a for-profit enterprise physically located in the United States or its territories.
- Your business is at least 51% ethnic minority owned. NMSDC certifies the following minority groups:
- Native American
- Asian American (Asian-Indian included)
- The minority owner(s) of the business are U.S. citizens.
- The minority owner(s) of the business must be active in management and able to demonstrate control of the business.
Both current and historical facts are considered in determining ownership qualifications and owner's participation in the management and operations of the company.
- Complete online application and provide supplemental documents.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee.
- The Council will contact you to ensure the completeness of your application.
- Minority owner(s) will be interviewed during a site visit by the Northwest Mountain MSDC.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Certification Committee.
- The Board of Directors will vote on the approval of your application.
- The Certification process can take up to 45 days.
- Click to view instructional video on how to apply for MBE Certification
- Contact us for questions/clarifications
- Begin your application
To apply for MBE Certification outside of our region, view the NMSDC Regional Affiliate List.
Annual Revenue: Less than $1 Million
New Certification: $300
Annual Revenue: $1-10 Million
New Certification: $550
Annual Revenue: $10-50 Million
New Certification: $850
Annual Revenue: Above $50 Million
New Certification: $950
Pre-Certification Workshops are scheduled monthly and held at the Northwest Mountain MSDC office in Tukwila, Washington. MBE Certification applicants can attend the workshop in person or participate remotely via Zoom Meeting.
- Introduction to the Northwest Mountain MSDC
- Overview of MBE Certification Process
- Overview of MBE Services
- Question and Answer
Sign-up to receive notification about the next workshop. Your information will not be added to our mailing list, and will be used only for notifying you about the next workshop.
Contact Karla Malacon at email@example.com or call (253) 243-6959 ext. 169.