Northwest MSDC News
- Public Agency of the Year: WINNER - Seattle City Light. Also nominated were the City of Seattle Public Utilities, King County, Port of Seattle, and University of Washington.
- Regional Corporation of the Year: WINNER – T-Mobile USA, Inc. Also nominated were Costco, REI (Recreational Equipment, Inc.), Union Bank and Wyndham Worldwide.
- National Corporation of the Year: WINNER - The Boeing Company. Also nominated were BNSF, Microsoft Corporation, Nordstrom, Inc., Starbucks Corporation and State Farm.
- Class I Supplier of the Year: WINNER - Pacific Communications Consultants, Inc. Also nominated were Fena Flowers, Flyright Productions, NW Shredding, Pyramide Productions, and the Russell Group.
- Class II Supplier of the Year: WINNER - Magellan Architects. Also nominated were Idea Entity, Kalani Packaging, LDC, Inc., Piraeus Data, LLC, PMT Solutions, Inc., TD Wang Advertising Group, LLC, TokuSaku Consulting and Trio NAE.
- Class III Supplier of the Year: WINNER - General Microsystems, Inc. Also nominated were A-Check America, Inc. and Cayuse Technologies, Eagle Beverage, Managed Business Solutions, Mobile Integration, PromoShop, Sterling Bank Services, Inc.
- Class IV Supplier of the Year: WINNER - World Wide Technology. Also nominated were Cook Inlet Region, Inc. (CIRI), Guy Brown, PetroCard, Populus Group, and Zones, Inc.
The Northwest Mountain MSDC bestowed advocacy awards upon individuals that displayed true commitment to the development and growth of MBE firms over the year 2013:
- The John A. Gilmore Award goes to a minority business owner who exemplifies the spirit of activism and business expansion by being a strong advocate for fellow MBEs: WINNER - Mr. Shahzad Qadri, Wong Fleming Attorneys at Law. Also nominated was Mr. Frank Lemos, LDC, Inc.
- The Robert R. Ryan Award goes to an individual employed by a Corporate member who exemplifies the commitment and dedication to creating business opportunities and advancing the development of minority business success through business contracts: WINNER - Mr. Robert L. Ryan, first Executive Director of the Council in 1976.
- The Champion Award goes to an individual employed by a Public Agency member who is committed to creating business opportunities and advancing the development of minority businesses through governmental contracting: WINNERS - Mr. Javier Valdez, Seattle City Light and Ms. Vicky Schiantarelli, Seattle Public Utilities. Also nominated was Mr. Servando Patlan, Washington State Department of Enterprise Services.
View photos of the event at https://www.facebook.com/northwestmsdc.
- 53% of certified MBEs are located in Washington State and 19% of certified MBEs are located in Oregon State. .37% of certified MBEs are located in Wyoming State.
- 26% of certified MBEs are of Asian Pacific Islander descent and 18% of certified MBEs are of Hispanic descent. 11% of certified MBEs are of Asian Indian descent.
- 34% of certified MBEs have a business code of Consultant Professional and 24% of certified MBEs have a business code of Service Contractor. .37% of certified MBEs have a business code of Manufacture Rep.
- 78% of certified MBEs are male owned enterprises.
- “Like Us “ on our Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/northwestmsdc
- “Follow Us” on Twitter at @nwmtnmsdc or twitter.com/NWMTNMSDC
- “Follow Us” on our Linkedin Page at at www.linkedin.com/company/northwest-mountain-minority-supplier-development-council