Become a Certified MBE
Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) Certification is a validation of your company's status as a minority owned, managed and controlled business. MBE Certification may grant access to corporate members' supplier diversity programs. This certification provides access to valuable resources for growing your business.
To become a certified minority business enterprise (MBE), your business must meet the following requirements. Both current and historical facts are considered in determining ownership qualifications and participation in the management and operations of the company.
- Your business is a for-profit enterprise physically located in the United States or its territories.
- Your business is at least 51% ethnic minority owned. NMSDC certifies the following minority groups:
- Native American
- Asian American (Asian-Indian included).
- The minority owner(s) of the business are U.S. citizens.
- The minority owner(s) of the business must be active in management and able to demonstrate control of the business.
- Complete online application and provide supplemental documents.
- Pay the non-refundable application fee.
- The Council will contact you to ensure the completeness of your application.
- Minority owner(s) will be interviewed during a site visit by the Northwest Mountain MSDC.
- Your application will be reviewed by the Certification Committee.
- The Board of Directors will vote on the approval of your application.
- The Certification process can take up to 45 days.
|Fee Category by Revenue (in Millions)||Class 1 (less than $1M>||Class 2 ($1-10M)||Class 3 ($10-50M)||Class 4 ($50M+)|
Contact Mayra Rivera at email@example.com or call (253) 243-6959 ext. 170.